Blue Grass VA

Darlene Osborn Rushby, 75, of Blue Grass VA, passed away Sunday, March 10, 2013 at her residence.  She was born December 6, 1937 at Mapleside near Paullina, IA, a daughter of the late Darlington and Elba Mabel (Hinshaw) Cope.

Mrs. Rushby received her teaching certificate at Northern Iowa University, and worked as an elementary teacher in Iowa and Kansas schools. For several years she also helped to operate her first husband’s veterinary clinic at Hillsboro, KS. After moving to Highland County she served as a nurse at Pendleton Nursing Home at Franklin, WV. Following retirement, she worked as the librarian at the Blue Grass Book Bank.

Mrs. Rushby was a lifelong adherent of the Orthodox Quaker faith.  For the past ten years she and husband, Bill found spiritual nurture and Christian fellowship in the McDowell Mennonite Church.  Mrs. Rushby will be remembered by her family and friends as a loving wife, mother and gifted poet.

She was preceded in death by her first husband, James E. Osborn on October 3, 1977 and two sons, Douglas Osborn and David Rushby.

She is survived by her husband, William F. Rushby, whom she married on November 25, 1978; two daughters, Janene Good and husband, Gerald of Harrisonburg, and Clarie Smith of Gun Barrel City, Texas; two sons, Justin Osborn and wife, Susanne of Seattle, WA, and Jonathan Osborn and wife, Lindsey of Virginia Beach, VA; three grandchildren, Danielle Smith, James and Emily Osborn; her sister, Lyn Cope of Melbourne Beach, FL and her brother, Lowell Cope of Lincoln, NE.

A funeral service was conducted at 2 p.m., Thursday, March 14, 2013 at the McDowell Mennonite Church, McDowell VA, with Pastor Steve Good, Pastor Clair Heatwole, Rev. Andre Crummett, Dr. Daniel Freed and Bradley Heatwole officiating.  Burial followed at the McDowell Mennonite Church Cemetery.  Hymns were sung as mourners filled the grave.

Active pallbearers were Allen and Gerald Good, Michael and Joseph Shell, Brad Rosedale and David Schrock.

Views: 726

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Please accept Stella and my condolences.  I'm glad we had the opportunity to meet Darlene before she passed.

At the graveside, three of Darlene's friends read poems; two were Darlene's (read by Elva Miller and Rachel Schrock), and one was a poem about Darlene (written and read by Patricia Rosedale).

Very sorry, Friend. Blessings.

Dear Friend William!

So Sorry, Friend, William! :(:( My Prayers Are With Thee Now And Always!!! May The GOD Of All Comfort Console And Succor You During This Time. May God's Christ, And HIS Light Shine Upon You And Your Situation. May The Lord Hold You In The Palm Of HIS Hands And In The Centre Of HIS Will From Here Away On!!!! What Is Earth's Loss Is Heaven's Gain.

Pray, Accept My Condolences. I Have Mentioned This To The Mennonite Meeting I Attend, And I'm Sure That They Would Do Likewise—Send You Condolences Also!

Pray, Take Care. I And My Family Are Praying For Thee, Now And Always!

Warm Regards,

~Timothy~

Friend William!

Sorry about your loss! We will be praying for you. May God comfort you and be near you during this time and always. May God bless you and keep you!

Respectfully,

Hilda

Friend William,

I am so sorry for your loss. I have not been on QQ for a bit of time and am only now seeing this notice. I hope you are coping with your loss.  You're in my prayers.

Paula

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Support Us

Did you know that QuakerQuaker is 100% reader supported? Our costs run to about $50/month. If you think this kind of outreach and conversation is important, please support it with a monthly subscription or one-time gift.

Latest Activity

Daniel Hughes updated their profile
4 hours ago
Martin Kelley updated their profile
19 hours ago
Martin Kelley posted a blog post

QuakerQuaker migration starting soon, can you help?

Hi QuakerQuaker fans,It's time to start the migration of QuakerQuaker to a new online platform. It…See More
19 hours ago
Martin Kelley commented on QuakerQuaker's blog post 'QuakerQuaker Resolution for 2023—Can You Help?'
"Hi Christopher, thanks for your ongoing support all this time; I understand needing to slow down…"
2nd day (Mon)
Christopher Hatton posted events
1st day (Sun)
Christopher Hatton commented on QuakerQuaker's blog post 'QuakerQuaker Resolution for 2023—Can You Help?'
"Hi Martin,   I hope other users have been making occasional/regular donations.  I am…"
1st day (Sun)
Christopher Hatton liked David Anthony's profile
1st day (Sun)
Christopher Hatton updated their profile
1st day (Sun)

© 2023   Created by QuakerQuaker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service