Peter Hoover's Conservative Anabaptist Take on the Contemplative Life

Peter Hoover now lives in a "neo-Hutterite" community in Australia.  He was raised among the Orthodox Mennonites in Ontario (more conservative than Old Order Mennonites).  From time to time, he has darkened the door of Conservative Friends meetings in his sustained and meandering search for a deeper fellowship with Christ.

Peter is a writer, and a good one.  I just came across *Loose Plate Over a Manhole: The Spiritual Scrapbook of a 'Team Mennonite"". http://thecommonlife.com.au/books/Loose%20Plate%20over%20a%20Manhol...  The opening scene is the meeting for worship at the San Jose meeting in Costa Rica.

Take a look.

Views: 617

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A "team Mennonite" is part of a Mennonite fellowship that uses horses for transportation, and often for farm work.  "Team" refers literally to a team of horses.

Thank you for the link. I just started reading it. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Support Us

Did you know that QuakerQuaker is 100% reader supported? Our costs run to about $50/month. If you think this kind of outreach and conversation is important, please support it with a monthly subscription or one-time gift.

Latest Activity

Daniel Hughes updated their profile
4 hours ago
Martin Kelley updated their profile
19 hours ago
Martin Kelley posted a blog post

QuakerQuaker migration starting soon, can you help?

Hi QuakerQuaker fans,It's time to start the migration of QuakerQuaker to a new online platform. It…See More
19 hours ago
Martin Kelley commented on QuakerQuaker's blog post 'QuakerQuaker Resolution for 2023—Can You Help?'
"Hi Christopher, thanks for your ongoing support all this time; I understand needing to slow down…"
2nd day (Mon)
Christopher Hatton posted events
1st day (Sun)
Christopher Hatton commented on QuakerQuaker's blog post 'QuakerQuaker Resolution for 2023—Can You Help?'
"Hi Martin,   I hope other users have been making occasional/regular donations.  I am…"
1st day (Sun)
Christopher Hatton liked David Anthony's profile
1st day (Sun)
Christopher Hatton updated their profile
1st day (Sun)

© 2023   Created by QuakerQuaker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service