Is the Society of Friends 'a Power' in the sense of that old 'Powers and Principalities' metaphor? Why, why not?

Should we be concerned about this?

Views: 201

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Not in and of itself.  The scripture that says we fight not against flesh and blood but against Powers and Principalities in high places refers to the Spiritual Powers behind human institutions.  The question is one of awareness of what Power or Principality lurks at our doorstep(s) waiting to send us off in the wrong direction the moment we let our guard down.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Support Us

Did you know that QuakerQuaker is 100% reader supported? Our costs run to about $50/month. If you think this kind of outreach and conversation is important, please support it with a monthly subscription or one-time gift.

Latest Activity

Donn Weinholtz posted blog posts
2nd day (Mon)
T Burke updated their profile
8th month 8
Keith Saylor posted a blog post

The renewal of the intellect in Christ's Living and Continuous Presence

The spirit of Jesus Christ is come and in Christ's presence I am drawn out of the reflective…See More
8th month 6
Forrest Curo commented on Russ Elliott's blog post 'No Title'
"So, can an illusion injure real people? We know it can; yet we find the whole phenomena baffling!…"
8th month 3
Forrest Curo commented on Russ Elliott's blog post 'No Title'
"One reason we're sometimes reluctant to talk about it is that it's an illusion: ie a…"
7th month 31
Michael Reuscher updated their profile
7th month 20
Christopher Hatton replied to Donn Weinholtz's discussion 'Chapter 3 Jesus Christ MBA: Take Me Out To The Ball Game'
"I‘m not a baseball fan, and didn‘t understand the „Johnny Damon joke“ but…"
7th month 18
Christopher Hatton liked Donn Weinholtz's discussion Chapter 3 Jesus Christ MBA: Take Me Out To The Ball Game
7th month 18

© 2022   Created by QuakerQuaker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service