all things is to bring you glory.

It lays all paths straight,

and brings your blessings

to the seeker.

Continue Reading --->A Simple Life in the City

Views: 70

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Since this is posted as 'discussion,' I gather you would like it discussed.

I'd rather tell you to keep writing than to be as critical as my natural bent. "Everything is perfect, but some things could use a little improvement." Clement Wood's introduction to my father's rhyming dictionary was very helpful to me!

If I'd "sought God first" in considering how to respond here... as I normally try to do... I believe I would have said the same; I like to think that's become habitual. That is, I'd like everything I do automatically-- to always be what God is telling me to do.

Since, instead, I still now & then screw up-- My comfort is that God works through that, as well. That every mistake is part of what God is doing, even if it's only to make us more conscious!

Hi Forrest,

Actually I posted this on the "Poetry and Arts Wall" and since it is a Psalm, strictly written from the inspiration of my own spirit this morning,  it is not a poem which must rhyme.  The Psalms of David don't rhyme.  Even the free flowing and many other types of poetry do not rhyme either.

When I am inspired to write something, it sometimes does come in a rhyme but I find more often than not that the pieces are a series of thoughts laid out like a painting for the reader to observe, enjoy and possibly be inspired by themselves.

Deborah

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Support Us

Did you know that QuakerQuaker is 100% reader supported? If you think this kind of outreach and conversation is important, please support it with a monthly subscription or one-time gift.

You can also make a one-time donation.

Latest Activity

Keith Saylor replied to Forrest Curo's discussion 'Scriptures: Can't do with them; can't do without them?'
"Through the power and presence of the spirit of Jesus Christ in my conscience and consciousness, it…"
5 hours ago
Forrest Curo posted a discussion

Scriptures: Can't do with them; can't do without them?

[This is from my reaction to a discussion re George Keith on facebook. Thoughts?]The core…See More
yesterday
Forrest Curo commented on Rainer Möller's blog post 'Quakers unto the Civil War'
"As I understand it, a lot of young men -- being young men -- went off eagerly to join in a battle…"
yesterday
Rainer Möller commented on Rainer Möller's blog post 'Quakers unto the Civil War'
"As Wikipedia tells us, Whittier wrote a book "In War Time" 1864. Has anyone here read it?…"
yesterday
Rainer Möller left a comment for William F Rushby
"Hi William, thanks for the reminder of Wikipedia. They don't tell us much, but I see that…"
yesterday
William F Rushby left a comment for Rainer Möller
"Rainer |Moller describes himself as "Not literal enough to a good Anabaptist. Not liberal…"
yesterday
William F Rushby commented on Rainer Möller's blog post 'Quakers unto the Civil War'
""Does someone know how Whittier developed from that point onwards? I cannot think that he…"
yesterday
Rainer Möller commented on Rainer Möller's blog post 'Quakers unto the Civil War'
"Adding up. My first irritation with Quakerism came at a European meeting, American Friends…"
yesterday

© 2020   Created by QuakerQuaker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service