I noticed this post after following a link posted in the Daily Pick section of this website. It has captivated my attention and thought some of you who haven't read it, might find it as edifying as I have. The resulting discussion is as compelling as the original post itself.

Title: Quit pushing your belief system on me. 

http://earofthesoul.blogspot.com/2012/02/quit-pushing-your-belief-s...

Please response on the original post.

Views: 139

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ann Branson of Ohio Yearly Meeting used the expression "ear of my soul" in her journal; “I presently heard this language . . . addressed to the ear of my soul, viz: ‘Ye shall not see me henceforth until ye say blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord.’”

See https://muse.jhu.edu/article/634227   Rushby, William F., Ann Branson and the Eclipse of Oracular Ministry in Nineteenth-Century Quakerism." Quaker History  Volume 105, Number 2, Fall 201644-69.

For the complete text of Branson's journal, see Digital Quaker Collection: https://esr.earlham.edu/dqc/index.html (search for Ann Branson)

Branson uses the "ear of my soul" metaphor 29 times in her journal, more than any other writer, according to the Digital Quaker Collection.

I appreciate this information William.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Support Us

Did you know that QuakerQuaker is 100% reader supported? If you think this kind of outreach and conversation is important, please support it with a monthly subscription or one-time gift.

You can also make a one-time donation.

Latest Activity

Keith Saylor replied to William F Rushby's discussion 'Recapturing Initiative for Conservative Friends'
""Christ is the renewer."  Amen. It is the direct and unmediated experience and…"
18 hours ago
William F Rushby replied to William F Rushby's discussion 'Recapturing Initiative for Conservative Friends'
"Thanks for replying, Keith!"
19 hours ago
Keith Saylor replied to William F Rushby's discussion 'Recapturing Initiative for Conservative Friends'
"Hello William, Just to be clear. Are you suggesting, if the Conservative Friends follow the outward…"
20 hours ago
William F Rushby liked William F Rushby's discussion Recapturing Initiative for Conservative Friends
6th day (Fri)
Sandi Was Here updated their profile
8th month 5
William F Rushby replied to William F Rushby's discussion 'Recapturing Initiative for Conservative Friends'
"In its more vigorous days, the Rockingham Meeting undertook a program of intervisitation with other…"
8th month 4
Keith Saylor commented on Keith Saylor's blog post 'Online Version of William Rogers 1680 text "The Christian Quaker..."'
"Published William Shewen's "TREATISE Concerning Evil Thoughts and…"
8th month 4
"The paper I just posted revises one I wrote 20 years ago.  I would like to add one more…"
8th month 2

© 2020   Created by QuakerQuaker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service