Forrest Curo's Discussions (1,227)

Discussions Replied To (1023) Replies Latest Activity

"If your concepts of God get underfoot, the best way forward is to pray for help i…"

Forrest Curo replied 3rd month 20 to Concept of Diety

15 3rd month 20
Reply by Forrest Curo

"God is also more than anyone's experience of God. It's not that we can contain God i…"

Forrest Curo replied 2nd month 26 to Concept of Diety

15 3rd month 20
Reply by Forrest Curo

"I'd rather encourage people to examine the Bible sympathetically than discourage the…"

Forrest Curo replied 2nd month 23 to Concept of Diety

15 3rd month 20
Reply by Forrest Curo

"Masculine _nouns_? A word like "Godd-ess" would imply that 'God's were normally male…"

Forrest Curo replied 2nd month 22 to Concept of Diety

15 3rd month 20
Reply by Forrest Curo

"It's probably best to talk about many Biblical concepts of God. What they have in co…"

Forrest Curo replied 2nd month 20 to Concept of Diety

15 3rd month 20
Reply by Forrest Curo

"Mary Baker Eddy of the Christian Science theology. But I don't know of any Quakers m…"

Forrest Curo replied 2nd month 18 to Concept of Diety

15 3rd month 20
Reply by Forrest Curo

"So do you want to ask Quakers what they think about God? -- or ask God how your conc…"

Forrest Curo replied 2nd month 18 to Concept of Diety

15 3rd month 20
Reply by Forrest Curo

"I'm better at posing questions than answering them. I suspect (as Jacques Ellul said…"

Forrest Curo replied 12th month 13, 2020 to Scriptures: Can't do with them; can't do without them?

17 12th month 14, 2020
Reply by Marcia P Roberts

"Perhaps, then, lack of "faith" (as people typically misconceive it) is less of a bar…"

Forrest Curo replied 12th month 4, 2020 to Scriptures: Can't do with them; can't do without them?

17 12th month 14, 2020

"Um, where were we? Thanks, however, for that last example of how not to read scriptu…"

Forrest Curo replied 12th month 4, 2020 to Scriptures: Can't do with them; can't do without them?

17 12th month 14, 2020

RSS

Support Us

Did you know that QuakerQuaker is 100% reader supported? If you think this kind of outreach and conversation is important, please support it with a monthly subscription or one-time gift.

You can also make a one-time donation.

Latest Activity

Keith Saylor posted a blog post

Drawn outside the reflective nature to guide human relations.

There are people who testify to the witness of how the Holy Spirit leads them to minister (guide…See More
10th month 5
Ginny left a comment for William F Rushby
"Thanks William. Unfortunately, I don't live in Western Australia but it is good to know there…"
9th month 28
William F Rushby left a comment for Ginny
"There are some Conservative and Conservative-leaning Friends in the Perth area."
9th month 28
Robert Ketron updated their profile
9th month 28
Ginny updated their profile
9th month 28
John Michael Wine liked Kirby Urner's discussion Thumbnail History
9th month 27
John Michael Wine liked Kirby Urner's discussion Thumbnail History
9th month 27
John Michael Wine liked William F Rushby's blog post Wisdom from an Old German Bpitst Brethren website
9th month 27

© 2021   Created by QuakerQuaker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service