Listen to: Simplicity, Integrity, Clarity: What is Plain Speech Today?
A panel presentation for Pacific Northwest Quarterly Meeting on 4/16/2011, emceed by Western Friend's Kathy Hyzy, with Stephen Dotson and Martin Kelley appearing over the internet.
Queries and topics addressed include:
- What does ‘plain speaking’ mean to you?
- Is using technology a violation of the simplicity testimony?
- How is “the publishing of truth” changing over time? What trends do you see?
- What fosters integrity and clarity in communication among Friends?
- Are Friends positioning themselves to take advantage of the opportunities that new media present?
- How does this relate to meetings and to Quaker organizations? To committees?