Primitive Christianity Revived, Again
Richard Davies made the first reference to Almeley Meeting in their travels about 1669. Roger Pritchard gave the meeting house, an adaptation of earlier cottage buildings, to Friends in 1672. Since then it has been used almost continuously by Friends. Edward Pritchard, son of Roger, was one of the thirteen signatories of William Penn's 1682 Charter for Pennsylvania, and 'with his brother in law, William Eckley of Kimbolton, shared in Penn's Holy Experiment. Hanging inside the Meeting House is a record, presented by Governor Duff of Pennsylvania in 1948, of the link between Almeley and the founding of that state.