Friends - This is an old (couple year old) post on the many aspects (including some history) of Plain dress that is interesting to read and I'm sure will be new reading material to some. I found it a refreshing and insightful reminder of why we do or do not dress plain:

http://www.michiganquakers.org/dressing_plain_and_simple.htm

In Christ,

Barb

Views: 226

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you, Barb. I went to the home page of michiganquakers.org and was unable to find this excellent essay. I also note that the essay has links to another page with several other essays on "Plain":

http://www.michiganquakers.org/plain.htm

Thank you for bringing it to our attention. Lots of reading ahead for me. :)

Paula - Thanks for posting that link as well. For some unknown reason michiganquakers has updated their website and dropped the link to this excellent and valuable material. Same has happened to the OYM site. If anyone could rectify this it would be great. All this good reading is floating unattached in cyberspace....oh dear. It may be a task for some enterprising Friend to link it all together again somewhere.

Barb

RSS

Support Us

Did you know that QuakerQuaker is 100% reader supported? Our costs run to about $50/month. If you think this kind of outreach and conversation is important, please support it with a monthly subscription or one-time gift.

Latest Activity

Russ Elliott posted blog posts
1st day (Sun)
Russ Elliott updated their profile
1st day (Sun)
Robert Cowper liked Kirby Urner's video
7th day (Sat)
José Miguel updated their profile
7th day (Sat)
Robert Cowper replied to William F Rushby's discussion 'Rut, Rot or Revival: The Condition of the Church. by A.W. Tozer'
"Some evangelicals are open to things. It is schisms as is case for any religions…"
7th day (Sat)
huw meredydd owen posted a photo
6th day (Fri)
huw meredydd owen updated their profile
6th day (Fri)
Robert Cowper commented on Keith Saylor's blog post 'In the spirit of Christ, being drawn out of the reflective nature to guide human relation'
"Everything is christ consciousness. Dinosaurs are were. They gave us energy knowing we were coming…"
5th day (Thu)

© 2022   Created by QuakerQuaker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service