Mackenzie's Discussions (98)

Discussions Replied To (51) Replies Latest Activity

"I tend to fall somewhere around what Isabel's site labels "modern Plain." I also do…"

Mackenzie replied 6th month 6, 2012 to Plain dress ups and downs

39 8th month 10, 2012
Reply by Timothy Bruffy

"The other one was over here: http://www.quakerquaker.org/forum/topics/the-discipline…"

Mackenzie replied 4th month 12, 2012 to Plain dress ups and downs

39 8th month 10, 2012
Reply by Timothy Bruffy

"My boyfriend is a broad-brim black hat kind of guy. He wears it any time he's outdoo…"

Mackenzie replied 3rd month 19, 2012 to When does a Plain Friend take off his hat?

9 3rd month 22, 2012
Reply by William F Rushby

"Or perhaps the men would find that there were no shoes large enough for them--parti…"

Mackenzie replied 3rd month 19, 2012 to Plain Dress: The New Bra Burning

75 3rd month 20, 2012
Reply by Betsy Packard

""If everything's black, it always matches" is what I started doing in high school. A…"

Mackenzie replied 3rd month 15, 2012 to Plain Dress: The New Bra Burning

75 3rd month 20, 2012
Reply by Betsy Packard

"Oh formal dress is ridiculous. At my company's holiday party I had a below-the-knee…"

Mackenzie replied 3rd month 5, 2012 to Plain Dress: The New Bra Burning

75 3rd month 20, 2012
Reply by Betsy Packard

"Depending on your body type, finding "properly fitted" jeans can be very difficult,…"

75 3rd month 20, 2012
Reply by Betsy Packard

"A couple years ago I visited a sauna / bath-house. It was sex-segregated since it wa…"

75 3rd month 20, 2012
Reply by Betsy Packard

"I don't think of camis as showing a lot of breast, though I admit it does depend how…"

75 3rd month 20, 2012
Reply by Betsy Packard

"That's what I said yesterday in front of a friend, and he said his mother had done i…"

Mackenzie replied 2nd month 24, 2012 to Plain Dress: The New Bra Burning

75 3rd month 20, 2012
Reply by Betsy Packard

RSS

Latest Activity

Martin Kelley posted a video

Being Gay in Kenya (part 1)

Quaker Speak: Justimore Musombi talks about being a Gay Christian Pastor in Kenya, homosexuality in Africa, and what happened when he came out. Watch part tw...
1 hour ago
Keith Saylor posted a blog post

Indeed, in the grace of the Lord, and the principle of his life, there is sufficiency

George MacDonald in his 'Cross Purposes and the Shadows" writes:... for many things we never could…See More
9 hours ago
Anne Lee replied to Barbara Smith's discussion 'The Craving for Simplicity, Meaning and Peace'
"That is a good example! It seems fitting for someone who wants to find meaning to slow down a bit."
10 hours ago
Laura Scattergood commented on Laura Scattergood's video
Thumbnail

Singing Quakers -- Didn't My Lord Deliver Daniel in Buffalo Airport

"Didn't my Lord deliver me?  I am uplifted by this rendition by students from Friends…"
10 hours ago
Rhonda Pfaltzgraff-Carlson posted an event
Thumbnail

A Mystic Call: The Second Annual Gathering of Friendly Mystics at Earlham College

6th mo. 6, 2014 at 5pm to 6th mo. 10, 2014 at 1pm
We invite Friends who have had mystical experience to gather for a weekend (6/6 - 6/8) or from…See More
14 hours ago
Barbara Smith replied to Barbara Smith's discussion 'The Craving for Simplicity, Meaning and Peace'
"Anna Lee - Exactly! I am more and more interested in how we can do that in small ways, not big…"
16 hours ago
Clem Gerdelmann posted a blog post

The Case of Constructive vs. Principled

Constructive: Affirming the Einsteins on the Court of Quaker Opinion, we follow the course of…See More
17 hours ago
Anne Lee replied to Barbara Smith's discussion 'The Craving for Simplicity, Meaning and Peace'
"This is an interesting article! Especially about only wanting to do that which is meaningful. I…"
18 hours ago

Tip Jar

It takes many hours a month to sift through hundreds of websites to come up with this daily curated list of the best of the Quaker web. If you learn more about Friends and find joy and spiritual growth in the conversations these links provide, please consider supporting the ministry with a monthly subscription.

You can also make a one-time donation.

About QuakerQuaker

QuakerQuaker is a community of Friends exploring Primitive Christianity Revived: plain witness, ministry, beliefs. Quaker blogs, photos, videos & gatherings. Learn More.

Subscribe in a reader
Get daily emails
Facebook
iTunes / Podcast
Twitter / Twitter Quaker List

Quakers

© 2014   Created by QuakerQuaker.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service