Kirby Urner's Discussions (266)

Discussions Replied To (18) Replies Latest Activity

"Greetings Keith -- Thanks for filling in some more blanks regarding your freedom fro…"

Kirby Urner replied 10th month 28, 2018 to The Earliest Quakers and liberal Quakerism

22 10th month 30, 2018
Reply by Forrest Curo

"Hi Keith -- Howard may have diagnosed our divergence in vocabulary with some precisi…"

Kirby Urner replied 10th month 27, 2018 to The Earliest Quakers and liberal Quakerism

22 10th month 30, 2018
Reply by Forrest Curo

"Greetings Keith -- I hope you're not finding our back-and-forth too onerous. I think…"

Kirby Urner replied 10th month 25, 2018 to The Earliest Quakers and liberal Quakerism

22 10th month 30, 2018
Reply by Forrest Curo

"Hi Howard -- Yes, I'm likely confused regarding your meaning for "outward form" as e…"

Kirby Urner replied 10th month 24, 2018 to The Earliest Quakers and liberal Quakerism

22 10th month 30, 2018
Reply by Forrest Curo

"Hi Keith -- Apologies if my use of "spiritual catatonia" seemed a dig at your philos…"

Kirby Urner replied 10th month 24, 2018 to The Earliest Quakers and liberal Quakerism

22 10th month 30, 2018
Reply by Forrest Curo

"Hi Howard -- I was sketching two extremes on a spectrum. It makes sense to me that t…"

22 10th month 30, 2018
Reply by Forrest Curo

"Yes, some early Friends may have found fulfillment in their rebellious heresy and di…"

22 10th month 30, 2018
Reply by Forrest Curo

"Yes indeed, that sounds wonderful, including that "not too much driving" part. :-D I…"

Kirby Urner replied 10th month 23, 2018 to The Earliest Quakers and liberal Quakerism

22 10th month 30, 2018
Reply by Forrest Curo

"Greetings Howard -- All that sounds idyllic and I am grateful that Quakerism is flex…"

Kirby Urner replied 10th month 23, 2018 to The Earliest Quakers and liberal Quakerism

22 10th month 30, 2018
Reply by Forrest Curo

"What happened in 1828 again?  Was that when Hicksites forked off from Gurneyites? Ah…"

Kirby Urner replied 10th month 22, 2018 to The Earliest Quakers and liberal Quakerism

22 10th month 30, 2018
Reply by Forrest Curo

RSS

Support Us

Did you know that QuakerQuaker is 100% reader supported? If you think this kind of outreach and conversation is important, please support it with a monthly subscription or one-time gift.

You can also make a one-time donation.

Latest Activity

Mike Shell posted a discussion

"From the Editor's Desk" - January/February Western Friend

Friends,Mary Klein has a gift for going to the essence of a concern and expressing it simply and…See More
2nd day (Mon)
Rah "Francis" O'Hara left a comment for Donn Weinholtz
"Hi ! I'm in Ellington CT attending Storrs Friends Meeting care to carpool sometime?"
1st month 8
Rah "Francis" O'Hara left a comment for karima nur
"alHamdulillah !"
1st month 8
Rah "Francis" O'Hara updated their profile
1st month 8
Kirby Urner posted a discussion

Are the Great Religions Fighting?

I'd say the short answer is no, the great religions are not at war with one another, but that…See More
1st month 8
Mike Shell posted a discussion
1st month 7
Kim Salsman liked Howard Brod's discussion Mysticism: The 'Engine' of liberal Quakerism (anonymous article from a Quaker library)
1st month 5
Jim Wilson liked Howard Brod's discussion Mysticism: The 'Engine' of liberal Quakerism (anonymous article from a Quaker library)
1st month 3

© 2019   Created by QuakerQuaker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service