Howard Brod's Discussions (180)

Discussions Replied To (38) Replies Latest Activity

"Forrest, Your comment has helped me to crystalize my own thoughts a bit. I certainly…"

Howard Brod replied 10th month 28, 2018 to The Earliest Quakers and liberal Quakerism

22 10th month 30, 2018
Reply by Forrest Curo

"Thanks for responding Kirby.  Yet, from your reply I think you are still misundersta…"

Howard Brod replied 10th month 24, 2018 to The Earliest Quakers and liberal Quakerism

22 10th month 30, 2018
Reply by Forrest Curo

"Kirby, you stated above: "Retreating into our private selves to assume some kind of…"

Howard Brod replied 10th month 24, 2018 to The Earliest Quakers and liberal Quakerism

22 10th month 30, 2018
Reply by Forrest Curo

"It is certainly good that Quakerism is a big tent, Kirby.  Different environments ap…"

Howard Brod replied 10th month 23, 2018 to The Earliest Quakers and liberal Quakerism

22 10th month 30, 2018
Reply by Forrest Curo

"Hi Kirby, I guess the question a liberal meeting might ask themselves regarding an o…"

Howard Brod replied 10th month 23, 2018 to The Earliest Quakers and liberal Quakerism

22 10th month 30, 2018
Reply by Forrest Curo

"Yes Keith, I had your same thought yesterday after reading Jim's comment regarding A…"

Howard Brod replied 6th month 20, 2017 to Mysticism: The 'Engine' of liberal Quakerism (anonymous article from a Quaker library)

9 6th month 22, 2017
Reply by Kirby Urner

"Wikipedia has a brief, but good, article on Anne Conway: https://en.wikipedia.org/wi…"

Howard Brod replied 6th month 19, 2017 to Mysticism: The 'Engine' of liberal Quakerism (anonymous article from a Quaker library)

9 6th month 22, 2017
Reply by Kirby Urner

"Yes! Indeed. Thanks, as always Jim, for your insights."

Howard Brod replied 6th month 19, 2017 to Mysticism: The 'Engine' of liberal Quakerism (anonymous article from a Quaker library)

9 6th month 22, 2017
Reply by Kirby Urner

"Our meeting in Midlothian, Virginia went through the exact same situation that you d…"

Howard Brod replied 6th month 1, 2017 to Some Thoughts on Meeting Committee Structure

6 6th month 3, 2017
Reply by Patricia Dallmann

"Keith Saylor said: Certainly, Keith's testimony of being the Light is the 'place' we…"

Howard Brod replied 3rd month 31, 2017 to What is Quaker Worship: Spirit Possession, Meditation, Cognition or Imagination?

5 4th month 23, 2017
Reply by James C Schultz

RSS

Support Us

Did you know that QuakerQuaker is 100% reader supported? If you think this kind of outreach and conversation is important, please support it with a monthly subscription or one-time gift.

You can also make a one-time donation.

Latest Activity

Forrest Curo replied to Daniel O'Keefe's discussion 'How is "community" carried out in a Quaker monthly meeting?'
"The best we typically do is to sit together, each of us alone with God (as we fail to understand…"
1 hour ago
zelma street mission updated their profile
3 hours ago
zelma street mission replied to Mike Shell's discussion 'Facing hostile nationalism: Quakers in Nazi Germany and now'
"mike, i would be honored to have you share any of my insights- no need for anonymity and i thank…"
3 hours ago
Patty Quinn liked Olivia's discussion Hungry for more of the Jesus of the Quaker tradition?
5 hours ago
Patty Quinn liked Mike Shell's discussion Join Quaker Universalist Group on Facebook
5 hours ago
DUNCAN MBEWE left a comment for Susan Furry
"i want you to  work together in Bible club  i want to start soon hee in Malawi."
5 hours ago
DUNCAN MBEWE left a comment for Robin Mohr
"Nice to meet with you iam a christian man from africa in Malawi."
5 hours ago
DUNCAN MBEWE left a comment for Karen Rae Klett
"Nice  to meet with you iam from Malawi in africa. i want you to be my honest freind"
6 hours ago

© 2019   Created by QuakerQuaker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service