Howard Brod's Discussions (179)

Discussions Replied To (38) Replies Latest Activity

"Forrest, Your comment has helped me to crystalize my own thoughts a bit. I certainly…"

Howard Brod replied 10th month 28, 2018 to The Earliest Quakers and liberal Quakerism

22 10th month 30, 2018
Reply by Forrest Curo

"Thanks for responding Kirby.  Yet, from your reply I think you are still misundersta…"

Howard Brod replied 10th month 24, 2018 to The Earliest Quakers and liberal Quakerism

22 10th month 30, 2018
Reply by Forrest Curo

"Kirby, you stated above: "Retreating into our private selves to assume some kind of…"

Howard Brod replied 10th month 24, 2018 to The Earliest Quakers and liberal Quakerism

22 10th month 30, 2018
Reply by Forrest Curo

"It is certainly good that Quakerism is a big tent, Kirby.  Different environments ap…"

Howard Brod replied 10th month 23, 2018 to The Earliest Quakers and liberal Quakerism

22 10th month 30, 2018
Reply by Forrest Curo

"Hi Kirby, I guess the question a liberal meeting might ask themselves regarding an o…"

Howard Brod replied 10th month 23, 2018 to The Earliest Quakers and liberal Quakerism

22 10th month 30, 2018
Reply by Forrest Curo

"Yes Keith, I had your same thought yesterday after reading Jim's comment regarding A…"

Howard Brod replied 6th month 20, 2017 to Mysticism: The 'Engine' of liberal Quakerism (anonymous article from a Quaker library)

9 6th month 22, 2017
Reply by Kirby Urner

"Wikipedia has a brief, but good, article on Anne Conway: https://en.wikipedia.org/wi…"

Howard Brod replied 6th month 19, 2017 to Mysticism: The 'Engine' of liberal Quakerism (anonymous article from a Quaker library)

9 6th month 22, 2017
Reply by Kirby Urner

"Yes! Indeed. Thanks, as always Jim, for your insights."

Howard Brod replied 6th month 19, 2017 to Mysticism: The 'Engine' of liberal Quakerism (anonymous article from a Quaker library)

9 6th month 22, 2017
Reply by Kirby Urner

"Our meeting in Midlothian, Virginia went through the exact same situation that you d…"

Howard Brod replied 6th month 1, 2017 to Some Thoughts on Meeting Committee Structure

6 6th month 3, 2017
Reply by Patricia Dallmann

"Keith Saylor said: Certainly, Keith's testimony of being the Light is the 'place' we…"

Howard Brod replied 3rd month 31, 2017 to What is Quaker Worship: Spirit Possession, Meditation, Cognition or Imagination?

5 4th month 23, 2017
Reply by James C Schultz

RSS

Support Us

Did you know that QuakerQuaker is 100% reader supported? If you think this kind of outreach and conversation is important, please support it with a monthly subscription or one-time gift.

You can also make a one-time donation.

Latest Activity

Mike Shell posted a discussion

"From the Editor's Desk" - January/February Western Friend

Friends,Mary Klein has a gift for going to the essence of a concern and expressing it simply and…See More
2nd day (Mon)
Rah "Francis" O'Hara left a comment for Donn Weinholtz
"Hi ! I'm in Ellington CT attending Storrs Friends Meeting care to carpool sometime?"
1st month 8
Rah "Francis" O'Hara left a comment for karima nur
"alHamdulillah !"
1st month 8
Rah "Francis" O'Hara updated their profile
1st month 8
Kirby Urner posted a discussion

Are the Great Religions Fighting?

I'd say the short answer is no, the great religions are not at war with one another, but that…See More
1st month 8
Mike Shell posted a discussion
1st month 7
Kim Salsman liked Howard Brod's discussion Mysticism: The 'Engine' of liberal Quakerism (anonymous article from a Quaker library)
1st month 5
Jim Wilson liked Howard Brod's discussion Mysticism: The 'Engine' of liberal Quakerism (anonymous article from a Quaker library)
1st month 3

© 2019   Created by QuakerQuaker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service