Forrest Curo's Discussions (1,198)

Discussions Replied To (24) Replies Latest Activity

"LIkest-thou Zalman Schachter-Shalomi? Judaism seems to be even more varied in interp…"

Forrest Curo replied 2nd month 21 to I converted to Judaism,Yet I am still a Friend

1 2nd month 21
Reply by Forrest Curo

"Think of a square dance. It's not a better square dance if you get rid of the formal…"

Forrest Curo replied 10th month 30, 2018 to The Earliest Quakers and liberal Quakerism

22 10th month 30, 2018
Reply by Forrest Curo

"It's not a matter of "inner forms good, outer forms baad!" God lives and creates and…"

Forrest Curo replied 10th month 28, 2018 to The Earliest Quakers and liberal Quakerism

22 10th month 30, 2018
Reply by Forrest Curo

"Infants most certainly do 'grasp'. Whether they "grasp together" anything I couldn't…"

Forrest Curo replied 4th month 23, 2017 to Jesus in the Gospel of Thomas

29 4th month 23, 2017
Reply by Forrest Curo

"I find that Spirit can work through just about anything I do, including what I do be…"

Forrest Curo replied 3rd month 30, 2017 to What is Quaker Worship: Spirit Possession, Meditation, Cognition or Imagination?

5 4th month 23, 2017
Reply by James C Schultz

"Catholic Spain considered mystical practices heretical, as personal efforts to appro…"

Forrest Curo replied 3rd month 27, 2017 to Why Would They Want to Come?

7 3rd month 27, 2017
Reply by Forrest Curo

"Howard, clearly there was a strong mystical center to Jesus' Messages. Equally clear…"

Forrest Curo replied 3rd month 23, 2017 to Why Would They Want to Come?

7 3rd month 27, 2017
Reply by Forrest Curo

"I've heard the "Those people don't like this kind of worship!" argument raised many…"

Forrest Curo replied 3rd month 22, 2017 to Why Would They Want to Come?

7 3rd month 27, 2017
Reply by Forrest Curo

"'both grounded yet disagreeing' brought to mind a good Talmud quote I just blundered…"

Forrest Curo replied 12th month 5, 2015 to Jesus in the Gospel of Thomas

29 4th month 23, 2017
Reply by Forrest Curo

"After-afterthought: Jesus' "kissing her on the lips" might well symbolize giving her…"

Forrest Curo replied 11th month 26, 2015 to Jesus in the Gospel of Thomas

29 4th month 23, 2017
Reply by Forrest Curo

RSS

Support Us

Did you know that QuakerQuaker is 100% reader supported? If you think this kind of outreach and conversation is important, please support it with a monthly subscription or one-time gift.

You can also make a one-time donation.

Latest Activity

Jim Wilson liked Keith Saylor's blog post The Impulse of Immanent Being
7th day (Sat)
Mike Shell posted a discussion

QUF October 2019 Newsletter | Sharing Quaker Worship Online

Friends,Here is a link to the online version of our October 2019 newsletter, just sent out today:…See More
10th month 10
Mackenzie replied to Olivia's discussion 'Hungry for more of the Jesus of the Quaker tradition?'
"Up in Frederick, the Friends Church that meets at Friends School of Baltimore might be a good one…"
10th month 8
Dave Bishop replied to Olivia's discussion 'Hungry for more of the Jesus of the Quaker tradition?'
"That's a wonderful idea.  I have a friend from Kenya who fits that description (i.e. she…"
10th month 8
Olivia replied to Olivia's discussion 'Hungry for more of the Jesus of the Quaker tradition?'
"AS AN  UPDATE:  We are meeting on First Day/Sunday afternoons.   Our upcoming…"
10th month 4
Olivia replied to Olivia's discussion 'Hungry for more of the Jesus of the Quaker tradition?'
"Thanks, Mackenzie.  I've contacted you privately about details.  This sounds great,…"
10th month 4
Mackenzie replied to Olivia's discussion 'Hungry for more of the Jesus of the Quaker tradition?'
"Hi! I live in Maryland and currently am a member of Adelphi Friends. Let's connect, because I…"
10th month 4
Keith Saylor left a comment for Daniel O'Keefe
"Hello Daniel, Your comment is received in love and affection. It sometimes happens in human…"
10th month 3

© 2019   Created by QuakerQuaker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service