(I am going to post this is several places if that is okay.)

We are starting a new Christian Friends worship group in the Ithaca, NY area. We will be worshiping after the manner of Conservative Friends. Our first meeting will  be on Feb 3 and we plan at this point to meet monthly, though that may change. All are very welcome! We plan silent worship at 11 a.m. followed by a simple potluck at noon.

Please contact me for more information.

For more information about Conservative Friends see their website at http://www.conservativefriend.org/faithandpractice.htm.

In Christ,

Barb

Views: 601

Replies to This Discussion

I was a sojourning member of Ithaca Monthly Meeting while studying there during the years 1971-75.  Would surely like to know how the Conservative Meeting is progressing.  It is too far from home in Bolivia to think much about getting back to Tompkins County but I would be happy to know that the gathering goes forward.  

Milton Whittaker

Milton - Amazing you should write! Our group is progressing well. Not large but rich. do you know Bruce Berggren-Thomas? He was at Ithaca MM in the 70's also and is now a member of our group. We are about to start discerning the process of affiliation with Ohio Yearly Meeting! If you are ever up here please stop in a visit! We meet at the Burtt House at noon onn the first and third First Days of the month.

The reason I say it is amazing that you are writing is that Tom Brown and his wife, whose name escapes me, told me of you (I think it was you) and she said how she misses your ministry! Do you know Jack and Susan Smith of Rockingham MM? I know they have friends in Bolivia.

Good to "meet" you,

Barb

Hello Barb, I'm originally from Trumansburg, now live in New Orleans, but I occasionally go back to NY to visit my parents. Is your group still active? I'd love to attend during my next visit home (probably not till the summer).

RSS

Support Us

Did you know that QuakerQuaker is 100% reader supported? If you think this kind of outreach and conversation is important, please support it with a monthly subscription or one-time gift.

You can also make a one-time donation.

Latest Activity

Kirby Urner posted a discussion

Memo on Facebook (RSoF page)

I understand AFSC's support of BDS. However Quakers are super interested in the issue of forced…See More
8 hours ago
Keith Saylor liked Kirby Urner's blog post Memo re Syria
14 hours ago
David Timothy Holdsworth posted a blog post

Spurgeon Against Carnal Warfare

"And I do firmly hold, that the slaughter of men, that bayonets, and swords, and guns, have never…See More
yesterday
Kirby Urner posted a blog post

Memo re Syria

[memo to a listserv for faculty and Peace Corps vets, a couple typos fixed, I think I'll add this…See More
yesterday
David Timothy Holdsworth posted a blog post

Pentecostals and Charismatics Against War

“From the very beginning, the movement has been characterized by Quaker principles. The laws of the…See More
3rd day (Tue)
Mike Shell posted a blog post
2nd day (Mon)
Patricia Dallmann shared David Timothy Holdsworth's blog post on Facebook
2nd day (Mon)
David Timothy Holdsworth posted blog posts
2nd day (Mon)

© 2018   Created by QuakerQuaker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service