Wow. That script gets right to the heart of things!

Parts of it sound like they're quoted from my life - before I became a Quaker - when I was a Vietnam War protester and some of the exact same arguments were made. Even the list of three criminal charges sounds like the transcript from my first arrest!

If they ever apply for Conscientious Objector status, this film is Exhibit A proving that these filmmakers really understand at a young age what the war/peace issue is.

Dramatic filmmaking, too!

Comment on YouTube about this student made film from Brooklyn Friends School that was entered in last year's Bridge Film Festival.

Views: 27

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

War, What is it Good For?

nothin' absoutly nothin' say it again...War

sorry, I couldnt resist.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Support Us

Did you know that QuakerQuaker is 100% reader supported? If you think this kind of outreach and conversation is important, please support it with a monthly subscription or one-time gift.

You can also make a one-time donation.

Latest Activity

William F Rushby replied to Forrest Curo's discussion 'Scriptures: Can't do with them; can't do without them?'
"When God takes the initiative, even the recalcitrant can be converted.  With God, all things…"
1 hour ago
Forrest Curo replied to Forrest Curo's discussion 'Scriptures: Can't do with them; can't do without them?'
"Um, where were we? Thanks, however, for that last example of how not to read scripture. If it were…"
8 hours ago
William F Rushby replied to Forrest Curo's discussion 'Scriptures: Can't do with them; can't do without them?'
"I don't really have a sophisticated definition of "nontheist" to offer.  I…"
18 hours ago
Keith Saylor replied to Forrest Curo's discussion 'Scriptures: Can't do with them; can't do without them?'
"Hello William, Thank you for that important correction. The specific quote that prompted my…"
19 hours ago
"Hello, Keith! "Atheist" is now a naughty word that is not politically correct! …"
23 hours ago
Keith Saylor replied to Forrest Curo's discussion 'Scriptures: Can't do with them; can't do without them?'
"Hello William, When you reflect upon another another person as atheist, how are you using that…"
23 hours ago
"Hey, Forrest, thanks for your willingness to address controversial issues, thereby helping to keep…"
yesterday
Forrest Curo replied to Forrest Curo's discussion 'Scriptures: Can't do with them; can't do without them?'
"It takes at least three Quakers to have a schism; and we don't have that in my neighborhood.…"
yesterday

© 2020   Created by QuakerQuaker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service