I'm intrigued by this tag line.   Does "primitive" here mean directly referencing the teachings in the New Testament?  Or something else?

Views: 313

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Randy - I agree. In fact and practice all of those - scripture, tradition, group discernment and beliefs - should complement each other and build upon one another. I don't dismiss beliefs at all, just that they should stem from experience, or be supported by experience I guess. And I very much agree these other elements, such as scripture, help us to understand our experiences of God! When I now read the Scriptures I say Yes! Exactly! I know what this is saying! I have had this experience! And it clarifies and fills out the picture. Before I made this connection I had wonderful experiences of the Spirit, but they were rather vague and formless and did not have the capacity to transform my life as they do now that I know this is Christ I am dealing with!

God bless you all,

Barb

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Support Us

Did you know that QuakerQuaker is 100% reader supported? If you think this kind of outreach and conversation is important, please support it with a monthly subscription or one-time gift.

You can also make a one-time donation.

Latest Activity

William F Rushby liked William F Rushby's discussion Recapturing Initiative for Conservative Friends
6th day (Fri)
Sandi Was Here updated their profile
8th month 5
William F Rushby replied to William F Rushby's discussion 'Recapturing Initiative for Conservative Friends'
"In its more vigorous days, the Rockingham Meeting undertook a program of intervisitation with other…"
8th month 4
Keith Saylor commented on Keith Saylor's blog post 'Online Version of William Rogers 1680 text "The Christian Quaker..."'
"Published William Shewen's "TREATISE Concerning Evil Thoughts and…"
8th month 4
William F Rushby replied to William F Rushby's discussion 'Recapturing Initiative for Conservative Friends'
"The paper I just posted revises one I wrote 20 years ago.  I would like to add one more…"
8th month 2
William F Rushby posted a discussion

Recapturing Initiative for Conservative Friends

I have been involved with Conservative Friends, sometimes more and sometimes less, for 50 years. …See More
8th month 2
Marcia P Roberts commented on Marcia P Roberts's blog post 'No respector of persons'
"William, Keith: Thank you for your words, which strengthen me and comfort me in this struggle. In…"
7th month 28
Keith Saylor commented on Marcia P Roberts's blog post 'No respector of persons'
"Marcia, I share your struggle with the power of the reflective process in matters of human…"
7th month 28

© 2020   Created by QuakerQuaker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service