Who else is interested in a Christ-centred worship event around here? I'm a key holder at Coventry Quakers so can get a room there some convenient time.

Views: 50

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Me.

Lets give it another try.

Alan
Great! When suits? Weekend afternoons might be easier for the childcare aspect?
Yes.
Hi Alice,

I would be interested in principle, if I am free to come over to Coventry.

Shalom,

Stuart.
Good. I will look at a booking for a worship gathering on an afternoon at the weekend. We could book two rooms, one for childcare - there could be ?3 under-5s.

Bookings at Coventry work in three-hour blocks so maybe we could get an afternoon block including use of the kitchen to have a bring&share afternoon tea after our worship?

Would you like to try the Freedom Friends style of meeting for worship? Or unprogrammed? Is there a minister we know who we would like to invite to worship with us?

Are we going to advertize the Meeting? How, where?
Alice

At the risk of sounding like one of those people who turned down the invitation to the wedding feast because of various other commitments I have to say I'd be happier getting involved in this after my Open University exam on the 16th October.

It would be good to get something going in the run up to "the time called Christmas" which can be pretty grim and depressing.

I would like to experiment with programmed worship again.

Grace & Peace

Alan
That's fine because I am committed all weekends until after that date you mention as well!
This sounds good to me.

I am interested in the Freedom Friends approach but I could try and find out a bit more.

Shalom,

Stuart.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Support Us

Did you know that QuakerQuaker is 100% reader supported? If you think this kind of outreach and conversation is important, please support it with a monthly subscription or one-time gift.

You can also make a one-time donation.

Latest Activity

William F Rushby replied to William F Rushby's discussion 'Faith: The Great Big Puzzle'
"See the next itme."
14 hours ago
William F Rushby replied to William F Rushby's discussion 'Faith: The Great Big Puzzle'
"Reply by Matthew Callow on 1st mo. 5, 2020 at 8:00am [on QQ] I am within the Liberal…"
14 hours ago
David Keel replied to William F Rushby's discussion 'Faith: The Great Big Puzzle'
"Do you have the link for his discourse ?"
16 hours ago
Matthew Callow left a comment for Jeff Walker
"Hello Jeff - I'm a British Liberal Quaker but interested in Evangelical Quakerism, and am…"
yesterday
William F Rushby replied to William F Rushby's discussion 'Quaker Without a Meeting: A Response to Jason'
"Mark, thanks for your comment!  Of late, I have found myself as an isolated Quaker Christian,…"
2nd day (Mon)
Jeff Walker updated their profile
2nd day (Mon)
Peter S. Krynski replied to Mike Shell's discussion '“On Mediation” by Mary Klein'
"Love the article and the portrait of Jacob Nayler, titled The Great Deceiver, the False Messiah,…"
7th day (Sat)
Mike Shell posted discussions
6th day (Fri)

© 2020   Created by QuakerQuaker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service