All Discussions Tagged 'quaker' (12)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Advice and/or Resources regarding practicing Quakerism without a local church

Hi there!! I have very recently been drawn to Quakerism and have been watching many of the videos on QuakerSpeak as well adding books to my…

Started by Brixton

8 6th month 30, 2016
Reply by Forrest Curo

Open Worship

I have been thinking a lot about open worship these days. Many of the larger evangelical Friends churches no longer practice open worship i…

Started by Adrian Halverstadt, PhD.

36 6th month 27, 2016
Reply by William F Rushby

Trying to Start a Meeting for Worship

I have been approached a few times and have thought about it as well, about starting a Quaker Meeting for Worship in my city.  I have some…

Started by Matt Rhone

1 6th month 27, 2014
Reply by James C Schultz

New blog post on Waiting

Please visit my new blog post here

Started by Robyn Josephs

0 1st month 24, 2014

Friends & Theology

Being new to all things Quaker,I have noticed some questioning over the role of theology amongst Friends. Is there a place for theology or…

Started by Jeffrey Carr

47 12th month 8, 2013
Reply by William F Rushby

Quaker Star Information

I am looking looking for historical information about the Quaker Star, (other than Wikipedia.)  Specifically, what the intention of the des…

Started by Andrew Swartley Cohen

1 9th month 27, 2010
Reply by Martin Kelley

What to read?

dear people, i've felt some sort of spiritual kinship with the Quaker way for many years and am now feeling a need to learn more and attend…

Started by Beth Anne Wiggins

36 3rd month 5, 2010
Reply by Beth Anne Wiggins

Did you know about the "Public Universal Friend" Jemimah Wilkinson?

I was raised in a village not far from Penn Yan, New York in Yates County. One of the earliest settlers in that area was someone who called…

Started by Rich Accetta-Evans

12 2nd month 25, 2010
Reply by Rich Accetta-Evans

Do not resist evil Matt 5:39

I'm interested in your opinion . . . on this instruction of Jesus to mankind. Why did Jesus give us this commandment? How does it affect us…

Started by Rickey D. Whetstone

13 2nd month 8, 2010
Reply by Tim Kelty

Help for a minister in the DRC

I just sent some money that I had put aside to a minister in the Democratic Republic of the Congo who has been trying desperately to keep a…

Started by Barbara Quintiliano

5 12th month 28, 2009
Reply by Barbara Quintiliano

RSS

Support Us

Did you know that QuakerQuaker is 100% reader supported? If you think this kind of outreach and conversation is important, please support it with a monthly subscription or one-time gift.

You can also make a one-time donation.

Latest Activity

Hamilton Lindley updated their profile
yesterday
Michael H Boulton updated their profile
6th day (Fri)
Kirby Urner posted a video

"The Industry Industry Missed" (A Meme)

School of Tomorrow. Dymaxion House thread. American Transcendentalism, from Emerson to Bucky Fuller. Heuristics for Teachers (Fall 2020)
9th month 24
Theodore Schmidkonz liked Kirby Urner's video
9th month 21
Kirby Urner posted a video

New England Transcendentalism: Bringing It Forward

The history of American literature includes the philosophy, and futurism, of R. Buckminster Fuller. Given our historical framework, let's give that philosoph...
9th month 20
William F Rushby replied to William F Rushby's discussion 'Recapturing Initiative for Conservative Friends'
"Wow, Marcia!  Your email is packed with issues we could discuss.  I am still laboring…"
9th month 2
Marcia P Roberts replied to William F Rushby's discussion 'Recapturing Initiative for Conservative Friends'
"I am curious to know what rituals Conservative Friends hold dear, William, when you talk about…"
9th month 2
Scott MacLeod liked Laura Rediehs's profile
8th month 26

© 2020   Created by QuakerQuaker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service