All Discussions Tagged 'prayer' (6)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Prayers for good health. Schoolmate Bill Callahan passed yesterday from cardiac arrest. We attended Penn Charter together Class of 1978.

Sincere prayer for continuing good health. Often taken for granted it now is a concern I pray for the most. Just good health. Prayers asked…

Started by Patrick M. Dwyer

2 11th month 16, 2017
Reply by Patrick M. Dwyer

Do You Have a Favorite Place to Pray?

Prayer is central to our faith.  It is deliberate communication with our Heavenly Father.  It is an act of worship.  It is a spiritual disc…

Started by John Potter

12 5th month 5, 2014
Reply by Timothy

Your Family Is Yearning With Hope For Tomorrow

Your family is yearning with hope for tomorrow, that burns with the light of Your love in this place.Now tears for our errors are cleansing…

Started by H. Wayne Williams

0 4th month 19, 2012

Your Family Is Yearning With Hope For Tomorrow

Your family is yearning with hope for tomorrow, that burns with the light of Your love in this place.Now tears for our errors are cleansing…

Started by H. Wayne Williams

0 4th month 19, 2012

What do you do in silent worship?

For those who practice silent worship, whatever branch of Quakerism you belong to, how do you "settle into the silence?"I ask this question…

Started by Rosemary Gould

36 2nd month 20, 2012
Reply by Bruce R. Arnold

Praying out loud

Is it Quaker to pray out loud? I love vocal prayer, it's an important part of my spiritual practice. I don't pray out loud every day at th…

Started by Alice Yaxley

16 6th month 2, 2009
Reply by Alice Yaxley

RSS

Support Us

Did you know that QuakerQuaker is 100% reader supported? If you think this kind of outreach and conversation is important, please support it with a monthly subscription or one-time gift.

You can also make a one-time donation.

Latest Activity

Michael H Boulton updated their profile
6th day (Fri)
Kirby Urner posted a video

"The Industry Industry Missed" (A Meme)

School of Tomorrow. Dymaxion House thread. American Transcendentalism, from Emerson to Bucky Fuller. Heuristics for Teachers (Fall 2020)
5th day (Thu)
Theodore Schmidkonz liked Kirby Urner's video
9th month 21
Kirby Urner posted a video

New England Transcendentalism: Bringing It Forward

The history of American literature includes the philosophy, and futurism, of R. Buckminster Fuller. Given our historical framework, let's give that philosoph...
9th month 20
William F Rushby replied to William F Rushby's discussion 'Recapturing Initiative for Conservative Friends'
"Wow, Marcia!  Your email is packed with issues we could discuss.  I am still laboring…"
9th month 2
Marcia P Roberts replied to William F Rushby's discussion 'Recapturing Initiative for Conservative Friends'
"I am curious to know what rituals Conservative Friends hold dear, William, when you talk about…"
9th month 2
Scott MacLeod liked Laura Rediehs's profile
8th month 26
William F Rushby replied to William F Rushby's discussion 'Recapturing Initiative for Conservative Friends'
8th month 23

© 2020   Created by QuakerQuaker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service