All Discussions Tagged 'of' (5)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Are there any perceived or experienced downsides to reliance on Clearness Committees~?

Isn't there an over reliance on Clearness Committees? Or is it unusual for meetings to consider them a 'cure all' or pardon the figure of s…

Started by Mark Gailey

8 2nd month 14
Reply by Mark Gailey

Quakers of Asian Descent?

Hello Friends, Here's a shout out to Quakers of Asian descent (either in Asia or in diaspora)!   Are any of us interested in banding togeth…

Started by Stephen Nakao

7 8th month 20, 2016
Reply by Virginia J

Is This Presidential Election a "Seeding Time"? and book on Mennonites/Quakers during American Revolution

Is This Presidential Election a "Seeding Time"? Would you agree or disagree with the following statements?#1 Usually, war is justifie…

Started by Daniel Wilcox

2 2nd month 29, 2016
Reply by Daniel Wilcox

What we mean by what we say

Friends, in a recent quarterly meeting in a presentation on Quaker Leadership we assembled were asked for an example of something that woul…

Started by Anne E Wright

6 2nd month 20, 2013
Reply by David Carl

What does "under the care of the meeting" mean to you?

I'm leading a workshop on community for an unprogrammed meeting this weekend, and one of the concerns their Ministry Committee raised was c…

Started by Eileen Flanagan

9 5th month 4, 2011
Reply by Stephanie Stuckwisch

RSS

Support Us

Did you know that QuakerQuaker is 100% reader supported? If you think this kind of outreach and conversation is important, please support it with a monthly subscription or one-time gift.

You can also make a one-time donation.

Latest Activity

Timothy Carter replied to W. Geoffrey O. Black's discussion 'When does a Plain Friend take off his hat?' in the group Plainness & Simplicity
"Why do I wear the hat? For me, wearing my hat is a very individual purpose.  The larger…"
8 hours ago
Kirby Urner replied to Sarah Kirby's discussion '"A Good Quaker is Hard To Find"'
"I see Quakers collectively as mostly bumbling, well-intentioned, but somewhat clueless. What…"
yesterday
Kirby Urner commented on Earlham School of Religion's blog post 'Preparing for war: Are we ready?'
"One reason Quakers are no longer strong in business, compared to late 1700s (a time of peak…"
yesterday
Forrest Curo left a comment for C.W.Baldwin
"Might I suggest a transcendent Subject who makes up those three partners so we'll have…"
7th day (Sat)
C.W.Baldwin updated their profile
7th day (Sat)
Bob Runyan posted a discussion

Survey on Quaker Meeting for Worship

What do you do in meeting for worship? What are you looking for there? Are you finding it? Take the…See More
7th month 21
Bob Runyan posted an event

Daily Online Meeting for Worship at Your computer!

7th mo. 21, 2017 at 7:30am to 12th mo. 31, 2017 at 8am
Ben Lomond Quaker Center hosts a daily online meeting for worship 7:30-8:00 AM Pacific Time at …See More
7th month 21
huw meredydd owen updated their profile
7th month 21

© 2017   Created by QuakerQuaker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service