All Discussions Tagged 'meeting' (6)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Trying to Start a Meeting for Worship

I have been approached a few times and have thought about it as well, about starting a Quaker Meeting for Worship in my city.  I have some…

Started by Matt Rhone

1 6th month 27
Reply by James C Schultz

What we mean by what we say

Friends, in a recent quarterly meeting in a presentation on Quaker Leadership we assembled were asked for an example of something that woul…

Started by Anne E Wright

6 2nd month 20, 2013
Reply by David Carl

The issue of dual-membership?

Hello Friends, I'm new to this website, but I have a question that has been stirring inside me for awhile, so I'm going to be presumptuous…

Started by James M. Branum

18 4th month 28, 2012
Reply by Olivia

Will be visiting Stillwater Meetng Sunday

Hello everyone,   My husband Daniel and I will be making the trip from Pittsburgh out to the Stillwater Meeting in Barnesville Ohio. Hopefu…

Started by Deborah

1 7th month 22, 2011
Reply by Paula Deming

What does "under the care of the meeting" mean to you?

I'm leading a workshop on community for an unprogrammed meeting this weekend, and one of the concerns their Ministry Committee raised was c…

Started by Eileen Flanagan

9 5th month 4, 2011
Reply by Stephanie Stuckwisch

Quaker Structure: Is decentralization good or bad?

As a Convinced Friend, I think for me what was the most difficult fact about Quakerism to absorb was the vast amount of decentralization re…

Started by Kevin Camp

2 5th month 13, 2010
Reply by Ron Bell

RSS

Support Us

Did you know that QuakerQuaker is 100% reader supported? If you think this kind of outreach and conversation is important, please support it with a monthly subscription or one-time gift.

You can also make a one-time donation or get us something from our Amazon wishlist.

Latest Activity

Profile IconQuakerQuaker.org

mil gracias: A buried seed: Indian Quaker William Abel

'We’re realizing that the story of William Abel is not meant only for the Quakers of Bolivia.… See More
1 hour ago
Lisa Danielson Twomey liked Ray Lovegrove's discussion Simple Dressing
yesterday
Shane Moad replied to Jacob Graham's discussion 'Further Discussion On Quakers And The Creation Of Art' in the group Music and the Arts
"Hi Jacob,  I started writing you my feelings on this topic when you first posted and had…"
yesterday
Keith Saylor commented on Patricia Dallmann's blog post 'Prophetic faith or philosophical idealism'
"From Benson in Patricia's original message: The blessing, by glory of inshining light, is…"
yesterday
Patricia Dallmann commented on Patricia Dallmann's blog post 'Prophetic faith or philosophical idealism'
"To provide an example of Jim's observation that contemporary historians are inclined to…"
yesterday
Forrest Curo commented on Patricia Dallmann's blog post 'Prophetic faith or philosophical idealism'
"The problem I see is the assumption, common to opponents of the early Quaker movement -- that for…"
yesterday
Jim Wilson commented on Patricia Dallmann's blog post 'Prophetic faith or philosophical idealism'
"Good Morning Daniel: I hope to respond more extensively after the Thanksgiving holiday, but a few…"
yesterday
Daniel Wilcox commented on Patricia Dallmann's blog post 'Prophetic faith or philosophical idealism'
"Oops, sorry Partricia, I mistyped, "in our". It's "your" powerful…"
4th day (Wed)

© 2014   Created by QuakerQuaker.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service