All Discussions Tagged 'meeting' (6)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Trying to Start a Meeting for Worship

I have been approached a few times and have thought about it as well, about starting a Quaker Meeting for Worship in my city.  I have some…

Started by Matt Rhone

1 6th month 27
Reply by James C Schultz

What we mean by what we say

Friends, in a recent quarterly meeting in a presentation on Quaker Leadership we assembled were asked for an example of something that woul…

Started by Anne E Wright

6 2nd month 20, 2013
Reply by David Carl

The issue of dual-membership?

Hello Friends, I'm new to this website, but I have a question that has been stirring inside me for awhile, so I'm going to be presumptuous…

Started by James M. Branum

18 4th month 28, 2012
Reply by Olivia

Will be visiting Stillwater Meetng Sunday

Hello everyone,   My husband Daniel and I will be making the trip from Pittsburgh out to the Stillwater Meeting in Barnesville Ohio. Hopefu…

Started by Deborah

1 7th month 22, 2011
Reply by Paula Deming

What does "under the care of the meeting" mean to you?

I'm leading a workshop on community for an unprogrammed meeting this weekend, and one of the concerns their Ministry Committee raised was c…

Started by Eileen Flanagan

9 5th month 4, 2011
Reply by Stephanie Stuckwisch

Quaker Structure: Is decentralization good or bad?

As a Convinced Friend, I think for me what was the most difficult fact about Quakerism to absorb was the vast amount of decentralization re…

Started by Kevin Camp

2 5th month 13, 2010
Reply by Ron Bell

RSS

Support Us

Did you know that QuakerQuaker is 100% reader supported? If you think this kind of outreach and conversation is important, please support it with a monthly subscription or one-time gift.

You can also make a one-time donation or get us something from our Amazon wishlist.

Latest Activity

Profile IconQuakerQuaker.org

Hye Sung Francis: What is my Quakerism?

"As somebody who was spiritually formed in the Charismatic Movement, I was attracted to the… See More
2 hours ago
Earlham School of Religion posted a blog post

What is God?

ESR's Carole Spencer shares her reflections on leading a recent retreat on "Images of God":…See More
4 hours ago
April Allison updated their profile
18 hours ago
Laura Scattergood replied to Laura Scattergood's discussion 'My Condition'
"Link to the story of the Women's Commonwealth.   http://dchrisman.weebly.com/ "
yesterday
"http://www.quakerquip.org/?q=node/215   Link to book about the Honduras…"
yesterday
"Thanks Connie for sharing that long and winding journey!  I might have been being…"
yesterday
Connie Bair-Thompson replied to Laura Scattergood's discussion 'My Condition'
" Yikes!  I hardly ever post on QQ, but when I do, I guess I use a LOT of words..."
yesterday
Connie Bair-Thompson replied to Laura Scattergood's discussion 'My Condition'
"Hi Laura...   In years past, I have experienced many of the same emotions you have after many…"
yesterday

© 2014   Created by QuakerQuaker.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service