Nathan Swift's Discussions (18)

Discussions Replied To (17) Replies Latest Activity

"I've been interested to see what kind of response might come to this question. I thi…"

Nathan Swift replied 7th month 16, 2009 to Friends & Theology

47 12th month 8, 2013
Reply by William F Rushby

""Valid truth." No, I would not say that the only valid "truth" comes from our experi…"

Nathan Swift replied 7th month 12, 2009 to Friends & Theology

47 12th month 8, 2013

"Hmmmmm. Well, among early controversies, for instance, was that about the nature of…"

Nathan Swift replied 7th month 11, 2009 to Friends & Theology

47 12th month 8, 2013

"I think that you will find that there is a very real and reasonable rejection of the…"

Nathan Swift replied 7th month 11, 2009 to Friends & Theology

47 12th month 8, 2013

"Hence "con vergent" A look at what was best about early understandings and how they…"

Nathan Swift replied 7th month 2, 2009 to Liberal Quaker problem - hostility to christians

49 7th month 15, 2009
Reply by James Riemermann

"As I have pointed out elsewhere, there is a 2,000 year tradition of interpreting tha…"

Nathan Swift replied 7th month 2, 2009 to Liberal Quaker problem - hostility to christians

49 7th month 15, 2009

"Wow. No, Bill, I am saying that many of the early Quakers understood "the present Ch…"

49 7th month 15, 2009

"I'd have to say that the question there is whether one sees "Christian" as the be-al…"

49 7th month 15, 2009

"Cat, you bring up a major point for consideration: it is not just "them" who are bei…"

49 7th month 15, 2009

"I think that we have to be prepared to point out in love that all too often, the res…"

Nathan Swift replied 7th month 1, 2009 to Liberal Quaker problem - hostility to christians

49 7th month 15, 2009

RSS

Support Us

Did you know that QuakerQuaker is 100% reader supported? If you think this kind of outreach and conversation is important, please support it with a monthly subscription or one-time gift.

You can also make a one-time donation.

Latest Activity

Keith Saylor replied to Daniel O'Keefe's discussion 'How is "community" carried out in a Quaker monthly meeting?'
"In Short: There is a way of being wherein people become aware of or experience immanent…"
11 hours ago
Ray Dowling updated their profile
yesterday
Forrest Curo replied to Forrest Curo's discussion 'The Trouble With Quaker Gossip'
"Yes, it sounds like we've observed some of the same ways of unrelating in Meetings. I've…"
7th day (Sat)
Daniel O'Keefe replied to Forrest Curo's discussion 'The Trouble With Quaker Gossip'
"The problem with Quaker gossip is that conflicts within meeting are handled like a gossip…"
7th day (Sat)
Daniel O'Keefe posted a discussion

How is "community" carried out in a Quaker monthly meeting?

I like the weekly worship at meeting, and I have F/friends who I socialize  and work with in and…See More
7th day (Sat)
Daniel O'Keefe posted a photo
7th day (Sat)
Shane Anthony Petzer liked QuakerQuaker's group Friends World Committee for Consulation
6th day (Fri)
Tx29_Zelma_St_Mission replied to Mike Shell's discussion 'Facing hostile nationalism: Quakers in Nazi Germany and now'
"perhaps i can help or at least apply this to my community in houston, where a significant portion…"
5th day (Thu)

© 2019   Created by QuakerQuaker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service