Epistles & News (62)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

News reporter - The Friend (London, UK)

Working for The Friend – the weekly Quaker magazine Salary £8-10,000 (for 14 hours per week) Details: The Friend is the weekly Quaker maga…

Started by Alice M Yaxley

0 7th month 17, 2009

Liberal Quaker problem - hostility to christians

What do Friends have to teach me about how to deal with people at Quaker gatherings who are openly hostile to christians? I've encountered…

Started by Alice M Yaxley

49 7th month 15, 2009
Reply by James Riemermann

What Christianity Means to Me

I don't know, whether this will add to mutual understanding (though I hope it may!) I don't even claim to be sure of its meaning (though I…

Started by Forrest Curo

5 7th month 8, 2009
Reply by Forrest Curo

(from my blog, wanted comments)

I remember once being bothered by some guy's remark that he was taking the Bible "as story"--which I thought threatened to evade an absolut…

Started by Forrest Curo

5 7th month 4, 2009
Reply by Forrest Curo

Truth Between Us and the Real Power?

From Robert Jensen at http://counterpunch.org/jensen06162009.html Finding a Stubborn Hope to Live in a Dead Culture: ",,,Strength is exhib…

Started by Forrest Curo

5 6th month 21, 2009
Reply by Forrest Curo

Seeking Comment, Here or There

A friend brought up the following issue, over on kwakerskripturestudy.blogspot.com; and no one has yet responded, while I'm increasingly cu…

Started by Forrest Curo

7 6th month 5, 2009
Reply by Forrest Curo

Bridge Film Festival Annouces a "Bridging" Service Learning Opportunity!

Hello Friends, Celebrate Friends Student Filmmaking through Service Learning. The Bridge Film Festival in association with the Friends Co…

Started by Andrew Swartley Cohen

0 5th month 12, 2009

Event Talk: 2009 Reclaiming the Power of Primitive Quakerism for the 21st Century

This is a discussion thread for next weekend's conference in California, co-led by Robin Mohr, C Wess Daniels and myself. If you're joinin…

Started by Martin Kelley

3 2nd month 16, 2009
Reply by Richard B. Miller

Does your Meeting accept credit card or online donations?

I was talking to someone on the finance committee at my Meeting about our financial needs and how our level of contributions is way down co…

Started by rik Panganiban

1 2nd month 8, 2009
Reply by rik Panganiban

Marrying Outside of Your Meeting? (sounds more scandalous than it actually is ;)

This is my first interaction here on QQ, so hi! Here is my quandry - I am a member of a Meeting in a first location,currently Sojourning…

Started by Elizabeth

2 12th month 5, 2008
Reply by Rich Accetta-Evans

RSS

Support Us

Did you know that QuakerQuaker is 100% reader supported? If you think this kind of outreach and conversation is important, please support it with a monthly subscription or one-time gift.

You can also make a one-time donation.

Latest Activity

Noah Merrill updated their profile
21 hours ago
Kirby Urner posted a video

A Pensive Cowboy

Another American sounding off on various issues. Stetson hat.
yesterday
Anne Hutchinson shared Mike Shell's discussion on Facebook
5th day (Thu)
Paulette Meier updated their profile
4th day (Wed)
Paulette Meier liked Anne Hutchinson's blog post A Japanese Filmmaker’s Perspective on Filming a Quaker Blessing for the Urakami Cathedral Cross
4th day (Wed)
Mike Shell replied to Mike Shell's discussion 'Facing hostile nationalism: Quakers in Nazi Germany and now'
"Thanks for the question, Keith. Yes, I wrote these words, though they were approved by the other…"
8th month 12
Keith Saylor replied to Mike Shell's discussion 'Facing hostile nationalism: Quakers in Nazi Germany and now'
"America is rounding up and imprisoning people labeled as so-called “illegal aliens,”…"
8th month 12
Laura Rediehs updated their profile
8th month 11

© 2019   Created by QuakerQuaker.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service