Primitive Christianity Revived, Again
Time: 6th mo. 14, 2018 at 5pm to 6th mo. 17, 2018 at 2pm
Location: Wilmington College
Street: 1870 Quaker Qay
City/Town: Wilmington, Ohio 45177
Website or Map: http://www.quakerfahe.com
Event Type: conference
Organized By: Kimberly Haas
Latest Activity: 12th month 4
We invite you to join with other Friends educators from colleges, universities and study centers globally for an invigorating time together in Ohio, at Wilmington College for our 2018 conference on June 14 – 18, 2018.
As Quaker educators, our practice is informed by a faith that calls us to be transformed and in turn to help transform the world. We are nurturing our students to help make the world a better place. Higher education is rapidly changing due to corporatization of education into an “industry” with its “monetization and technologizing.” We struggle to challenge, change or adjust to his “brave new world” as we hold to our understanding of the purpose of education. Some of us find our fundamental values under assault. How do we find balance and the way forward will be explored at this Friends Association for Higher Education.
We invite proposals for presentations, workshops, and panel discussions that address any concern related to Friends and higher education, but especially on the theme of “Keeping Faithful in a Time of Rapid Change.”
Queries for Consideration:
* How does one keep faithful to the profession to educate students in a time of rapid change?
* How does one keep faithful to working as an independent scholar?
* How does one keep faithful to their spiritual values in their professional activities in a time of rapid change?
* How does one keep faithful to their scholarly discipline in a time of rapid change?
* How does one keep faithful to colleagues in a time of isolation due to rapid technological change?
* How does one keep faithful to students in a time of robosourcing and automated learning systems in a time of rapid change?
* How does one keep faithful to their professional ethical values in a time of rapid change?
* How does one keep faithful to Friend's values in their professional activities in a time of rapid change?
* How does one keep faithful to Friends values in their dealings with others (colleagues, coworkers, parents, and students)?
We also invite proposals that address our disciplinary theme “Quakers, Creation Care, and Sustainability” for the 6th volume in our book series Quakers and the disciplines.
Proposals received by January 1, 2018 will be given preference.